AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I guess this is a display question, but I dont want to put this on the display forum as it is full of TV folks...

For whatever reason, I dont believe the LCD TV technology is fully mature yet to buy my dream LCD TV spending more than $2K (in the US), and I want to drive the TV through the HTPC anyway.

I am hence looking for a "value" LCD monitor (not TV) which can do 1080p with best possible response time and contrast. Ideally I am looking for 32inch but I guess most sets are 24" and I am looking for a really low price.

Does anyone have a good suggestion, with some technical justification of why you think it is.

Ghat

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatothkach /forum/post/12927246

hi

I guess this is a display question, but I dont want to put this on the display forum as it is full of TV folks...

For whatever reason, I dont believe the LCD TV technology is fully mature yet to buy my dream LCD TV spending more than $2K (in the US), and I want to drive the TV through the HTPC anyway.

I am hence looking for a "value" LCD monitor (not TV) which can do 1080p with best possible response time and contrast. Ideally I am looking for 32inch but I guess most sets are 24" and I am looking for a really low price.

Does anyone have a good suggestion, with some technical justification of why you think it is.

Ghat

If by value, you mean cheap then Vizio would be your company. I'd recommending looking at both Plasma and LCD. Many prefer the picture of Panny Plasmas to LCDs.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
if your max size is 32" or even 37" what difference will 1080P make? get a 720P and save some money, you will never notice the difference...

or just get a projector and have a 150"+ screen... even then while 1080P would matter, most people will be blown away by the size and not notice anything else anyway...

just a thought...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts