AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a case for my 1st HTPC build. Been looking hard but can't seem to find anyone who makes a HTPC case which can accomodate a full ATX board, AND also has front usb 3.0 connections.

Please help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Changed my mind.

Didn't realise you could buy 5.25" front panels with usb 3.0 connections/multi-card readers etc. to fit any case. Means I can just buy a cheaper case and attach this myself.

Can anyone recommend a good 5.25" front panel?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPoobar /forum/post/20822362

Changed my mind.

Didn't realise you could buy 5.25" front panels with usb 3.0 connections/multi-card readers etc. to fit any case. Means I can just buy a cheaper case and attach this myself.

Can anyone recommend a good 5.25" front panel?

- Cooler Master USB 3.0 Adapter (to be connected to an internal USB 3.0 connector)

- SilverStone FP36 for USB 3.0/2 x 2.5" drive (to be connected to an external USB 3.0 connector)

These devices fit a 3.5" bay. For a 5.25" bay, you will need a 3.5" to 5.25" bay adapter like this .

Several ASRock ATX mb (Extreme4/Extreme6) come with a USB 3.0 3.5" bay adapter (similar to Cooler Master's).

·
Registered
113 Posts
On a similar note.

She who must be obeyed has given preliminary approval for a HTPC/gaming rig for the lounge. Yey!

The only caveat is the usual. It has to blend in and look 'nice'. I would be really keen to get the Asus ROG maximus iv extreme z, i7 2600k and a Nvidia GTX590 into a HTPC case. However, I can't find a 'HTPC' case to fit the MoBo. There was an old style Silverstone LC13 from a few years ago that reportedly took the extended form factor, but they have since changed the design. The maximus is 24mm longer than ATX and most cases have a metal bar obstructing this bit.

Any ideas? It cannot 'look like a computer'!

SBR

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
Usually one sees it as an inch 'wider'. LUXA2 LM300. Look at these photos or these .

BTW nForce 200 chip is almost a waste in such a configuration (?). If you choose a normal ATX mb such as ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe, there is another choice: Antec Fusion Remote Max. Remember that GTX 590 does not support HD audio bitstreaming ( this chart ).

·
Registered
113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx /forum/post/20823348

Usually one sees it as an inch 'wider'. LUXA2 LM300. Look at these photos or these.

That is a beast! I'll have a good look at that one. The touchscreen WAF could go either way..... Thanks.

Quote:
BTW nForce 200 chip is almost a waste in such a configuration (?). If you choose a normal ATX mb such as ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe, there is another choice: Antec Fusion Remote Max.

Yes, there are quite a few ATX nice looking cases about.

Quote:
Remember that GTX 590 does not support HD audio bitstreaming this chart).

Wow! I didn't even realise! That could have been a VERY expensive mistake!

Thanks for the heads up.

SBR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.