AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi there -

So I have considered this many times as I'm sure you all have. I seem to pay to much for TV!

My ideal solution would be a MOHU leaf connected in to HTPC that I could watch and record live TV. My smart TV is also cable of streaming Netflix, Amazon and HULU

Has anyone implemented a system like this that incorporates a MOHU or similar device that connects to a HTPC for recording purposes? I also have a large collection of movies - mkv, avi etc and music that I would like to stream across my network. There is also CAT5 cable running thru the house.

Would one beable to have a small HTPC next to their TV like a EZEE box or Acer Revo that would handle the TV side of things using a Hauppage card that would record and watch live TV - then be able to handle movies coming from my NAS or headless server? After looking at the specs of the Revo and EZee box I would not be able to install such a card because of size - so I'm left with building my own HTPC.

If I could get this up and running I plan to use Couchpotato and SickBeard to automatically record TV shows.

Anybody got any ideas or input here?

MOHU Leaf -> HTPC -> LG 55" Smart TV

|

NAS/Server(movies)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.