AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Quadruple Stack w/ JVC RS2000/N7| Runco Q750 | DPI M-Vision Cine LED | Benq HT9050
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what is causing my HTPC not to work. When I turn it on, it tells me I need to reboot. So, I try and it keeps telling me to reboot again. Then I go to the set up menu and try to load the BIOS but nothing happens when I exit out. It tells me to reboot again. I go to the boot menu, but it does not boot. I can not install my Windows 7 disc or anything else. I have the Asrock motherboard and it does not boot up from the disc that they gave me. Can anyone help me get pass this part of the screen?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Start fresh... CLEAR the CMOS... Power off & remove the power cord. Remove the disc battery and follow your manual to CLEAR the CMOS. Restore the jumper to normal or operational configuration. Reinstall the disc battery, the power cord and reboot.

·
Registered
Quadruple Stack w/ JVC RS2000/N7| Runco Q750 | DPI M-Vision Cine LED | Benq HT9050
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBCOB /forum/post/0

Write the exact message you are getting n your next post.

Hi,

It tells me to generate a Serial ATA Driver diskette? I press yes, then it does with a USB drive that I have, then it tells me to reboot system now. When I press no instead of yes, it says reboot system also.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Afterwards it goes to this Asrock screen, it shortly goes to a screen telling me to press F8 or F5 to skip configuration. It stays on that page for maybe one second before it goes back to the page telling me to reboot

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianley /forum/post/0

At the Asrock screen press F11 for the boot menu, then choose to boot from the CD/ DVD drive that contains your Windows 7 DVD.

Thanks, that worked

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge
Looks like you enabled RAID mode or something (or are you running a RAID)?
I don't even know what RAID mode is, I'm completely new to HTPCs. I got everything from this forum to build it. But its up and running now. Just waiting on my JVC RS40 Tuesday to test out the 3D on it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts