AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was hoping to get some tips on troubleshooting. Just bought a Diamond Xtreme 7.1 sound card for my HTPC. Computer was working fine before the card installation and the driver install, but now whenever I play a movie in either Windows Media Player or Theatertek, it crashes ~50% of the time.

I have tweaked numerous settings in the sound card driver and in the movie player applications, but no luck.

Any tips? Or could I just have a bad card?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured it out. I had the card output setting at 96 khz. After setting it to 44.1 khz, no more crashes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same card and have the same problem - 96K causes BSOD. You should normally set to 48K. 44.1K will be slightly better quality for music.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
The Diamond will work with Vistam I am using one. I can't recall where the driver came from though. I think it may have come from the chipset vendor. It was ugly getting it to work at first, especially since I had an HD 2600Pro with its audio controller and onboard audio as well. I suggest you set a recovery point before you try, because you just might need to try it a couple times and Vista can be very fragile when a driver install does not go well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts