AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im working on my new project. a diy htpc.

need help on:

1.connecting pc sound card (sb live!) to my reciever (2807) i would want to use the optical input of my reciever. is there a particular cable out there that i can get? suggestions?

2.would i be able to convert my vga output from pc to a component input to my 2807? is there an adapter i can use? did search but cant seem to find any straightforward results... its hard to get results with one eye shut and one hand pulling hairs on my head...

3. htpc case. need some inputs on which case to get. basically i would want:

nothing fancy, inexpensive and functional. by functional i want something that i will be able to add hard drives as they come available. ( i get to work on replacing old pc's at work and may be able to use old hd's)

i have an ATX MB, and ATX PS. i was looking at a COOLERMASTER CENTURION case as it is inexpensive and may be able to meet my needs but am not sure if itll work as its a mid-tower and not htpc case. has anyone done this here yet? i can lay it horizontally though to fit my cabinet.

thanks guys..

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
1. SB Live is kind of old - there used to be a Live Drive or a Hoontec card to get optical out - finding one now would probably cost more than just getting a new card with optical.

2. You don't say what your video card is, but unless your card outputs component, or is an ATI that is compatable with the ATI component dongles, your last option is a $200 transcoder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.