AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took it upon myself to convert my old computer, a HP m7287c (With a Radeon X1550 graphics card for future reference). I went to the store today, and bought both an S-Video cable, and a DVI to component video cable. My current TV setup is a Pioneer Elite 43TX A/V reciever hooked up to a Sony KDF-E55A20 television. I've got all the updated drivers, and I checked to see if the video output was still working for the computer, I hooked it up to a monitor and it worked in both the DVI, and VGA slots it has. Now, on my first pass, I tried plugging my DVI to Composite into the A/V reciever, and something did actually come up.

That's my background, but as you can see it's distorted and off colored. So after this I tried the S-Video connector into the A/V receiver. This time I couldn't get anything to come up, so I went into the ATI Catalyst Controller menu, and refreshed displays. A new display came up, but right clicking it(how you enable display devices) doesn't work for some reason. So then I tried going straight to the TV with my DVI to component connector, and I got the same problem. With the S-Video, same problem as before.

In troubleshooting the connection, I found that the native resolution of the TV was supposed to be at 1366x768. I changed the display monitors resolution to that in the ATI display panel(It only had 1360x768, which is fairly close) and the problem still continues. I've got plans to install XBMC Live on the machine, so I'm hoping if I make any changes they can go over to it.

Any ideas on what I can do to get it working?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
A couple of things - on the card it's probably not really an s-video connection. If you count the number of pins you'll see the difference.

The other thing is that the A/V receiver probably doesn't pass the resolution you're trying to pass. Check your manual, but it's probably 1080p and maybe 720p-so you'd need to be feeding it those resolutions. One thing to check is to bypass the receiver and connect your htpc directly to the tv and see if you get different/better results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.