AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which DVD player sofware is the most controllable? I want to control the player through Homeseer software with another PC (Actually an IPAQ). I would need either keyboard shortcut keys to do the various functions (play, stop, etc) which can be sent from Homeseer, or some sort of programming interface (COM object or other). I have both WinDVD and PowerDVD. The WinDVD either has no shortcut keys or the functions are buried somewhere other than the help file. I have not looked at PowerDVD much. Of course, there are probably other players that work better anyway.

Jim Bell

·
Registered
996 Posts
Theatertek

·
Registered
101 Posts
I second that.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
TheaterTek is desgined specifically for remote controls....I have an Airboard IR keyboard and taught all the keyboard shortcuts to my Pronto remote. In fact TT includes predefined configurations for several remotes, including the Pronto, use with Girder and a couple of commercially available remotes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use ZoomPlayer via Girder. It uses windows messaging I believe. (it can also be controlled using keyboard shortcuts as described by Karnis above)

For what it's worth, these are the keyboard shortcuts for WinDVD from the help file:

Next chapter

[PgDn]

Audio selection

A

Numeric keypad

1 - 9

Bookmark

K

Pan

I

Capture*

P

Open Playlist

L

Chapter selection

C

Play/Pause

[spacebar]

Decrease brightness

[Minus]

Previous chapter

[PgUp]

Decrease volume

[Shift] [Down arrow]

Preferences page

O

Eject

E

Rewind

R

Exit

X

Right-click menu

B

Fast Forward

F

Select

[Enter]

Increase brightness

[Shift] +

Skip forward

[Ctrl] Q

Increase volume

[Shift] [Up arrow]

Step

N

Instant Replay

[Ctrl] B

Stop

[end]

Left, right, up, down

[Arrow keys]

Subtitle selection

S

Main Menu

[Ctrl] M

Title selection

T

Mute/Restore sound

M

Toggle full screen or window

Z

Unzoom

U

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I would use Girder, Zoom Player and Netremote for control from another PC. See www.netremote.org

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Also, you could communicate with girder using its limited com interface. Girder now also supports com and could communicate with homeseer that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.