AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any software for HTPC that will modify the outgoing digital bitstream?

IE so I can run an equalizer on my PC before it goes to the receiver. Or perhaps some type of software crossover. IE I can roll off sub 10hz before it goes out to the receiver.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Using a convolution plugin you can run your audio through any filter you have access to. For example, a filter designed with any audio editor, or any hardware analog or digital filter. The only thing you have to do is generate an appropiate impulse response to feed the convolution plugin. This impulse response can be generated just passing a "pure" impulse through the desired filter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by IronForge
cool thanks.. I downloaded foobar and the foo_convolve... now how to create a custom impulse file?
I also attached the unit_impulse file that came with the original version of the convolver - you may apply any filters to that then load in the convolver.

You may also register to www.hydrogenaudio.org & post the question in the foobar forums.

unitpulse2k.zip 0.228515625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
With an audio editor, just apply the desired filter to the impulse, and save it.

If you want to aply an external analog filter, play the impulse through the filter (using your soundcard output), record the result (using your soundcard input), and you've got it. It takes some work, but can work well.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
This sounds interresting. Can you give more details on "how-to" for beginners?

thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Thank you. I'll check 'em out.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.