AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I currently watch movies on my X1 using it's internal scaler and a upper end interlaced dvd player, but since I have this kickass computer sitting here I thought about fixing it up allittle as a HTPC. Will this improve the picture greatly, or does the X1's internal scaler do just as good? I don't want to waste the time if it won't make a perceiveable difference. I got a whole house full of projects going right now 8 )

Specs:

AlthonXP 2000+

128 gig raid 0

512 ddr333

radeon 9700pro

Audigy soundcard

Abit kx333r mother

16x dvdrom

Sony DRU 500a dvd burner

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It seems to me you have to go through a lot of research and/or tweaking to set up an HTPC right, otherwise you won't see any benefit as far as picture quality goes. Even with a lot of tweaking, a DVD is only going to look so good. There isn't going to be any huge dramatic improvement. To me the selling point is the multiple uses: games, video recording (HD particularly), and so on.

I have a PC hooked up to my X1, but I haven't really bothered with DVDs on it yet mainly because the PC is just too loud (Shuttle SV25), but it's fun to dink around with occasionally.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I tried attaching my PC to the projector and playing off the computer's DVD but couldn't see any difference between that and an svideo connection to my current non progressive standalone DVD, a Samsung.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for your replys...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.