AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are questions about the June/July 2011 HTPC guide, written by Renethx: In your guide, you mention that the mini-ITX form factor is more expensive than the micro, due to the costlier small hardware. However, the 'standard' mini system is $333, while the mid-range micro system is $710. Even the low end micro ITX is more expensive ($452) than the mini ITX system. I'm not questioning your pricing, I'm just trying to understand, would I be getting a more powerful system? E.g., is the low end micro more powerful than the standard mini system?

Another question: In the standard 2D mini-ITX system, you recommend using the on-board Intel HD video drivers. I'm curious what noticeable limitations there are. In your summary table (Figure 17) you show partial support for 29.976Hz refresh rate for movies. What does this mean in terms of user experience, watching a 1080p movie for example?

Thanks much for your guide, it's a real time-saver!

-Randy

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy905 /forum/post/20854224

These are questions about the June/July 2011 HTPC guide, written by Renethx: In your guide, you mention that the mini-ITX form factor is more expensive than the micro, due to the costlier small hardware. However, the 'standard' mini system is $333, while the mid-range micro system is $710. Even the low end micro ITX is more expensive ($452) than the mini ITX system. I'm not questioning your pricing, I'm just trying to understand, would I be getting a more powerful system? E.g., is the low end micro more powerful than the standard mini system?

Another question: In the standard 2D mini-ITX system, you recommend using the on-board Intel HD video drivers. I'm curious what noticeable limitations there are. In your summary table (Figure 17) you show partial support for 29.976Hz refresh rate for movies. What does this mean in terms of user experience, watching a 1080p movie for example?

Thanks much for your guide, it's a real time-saver!

-Randy

As his guide is paid (and rightfully so given how detailed and extensive it is which requires a ton of time) I would send him a PM instead of asking this in the forum. He may be more likely to reply.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, I'll try sending him a PM. The reason I posted my question is because, in his guide thread, he says:

"If you have a question (how to build, how to configure or whatever), please either post it in the thread (yes, please post any question in the thread, hoping that invoke interest in the latest guide ), PM me or email me"

-Rudy

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy905 /forum/post/20854539

Thanks for the tip, I'll try sending him a PM. The reason I posted my question is because, in his guide thread, he says:

"If you have a question (how to build, how to configure or whatever), please either post it in the thread (yes, please post any question in the thread, hoping that invoke interest in the latest guide ), PM me or email me"

-Rudy

He has a sticky thread. Try posting it there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.