AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Looking for some advice. I want to purchase a Logitech Harmony 700 in order to control my HTPC and all my other AV Components. I am also purchasing a Hauppauge HVR-2250 and I may just need to buy the WMCE kit instead of the OEM version but I wanted to double check. Exactly what do I need to have the Harmony 700 do the following:

- Control the HTPC (i.e. put it in sleep mode, out of sleep mode)

- Control the HVR-2250 (i.e. Channel surfing, channel information)

Based on what I could find I think I would need just the following:

- Harmony 700

- Hauppauge 2250 WMCE Kit

However I did find some people used a Rosewill R-W320-T IR Wireless Remote Extender, not sure for what. I want to double check that I would not need the Rosewill remote extender.

Or if I do need it could someone explain to me why is it needed and if I still need the Hauppauge 2250 WMCE Kit version instead of the OEM version.


1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.