AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using commercial movie DVD's and now I cannot play them in my HP200i DVD+R/W DVD drive without skipping, etc. I have verified I am in UDMA mode (UDMA2) for the DVD drive. My HTPC is a Shuttle SK41G. The only changes I can recall are I tried to watch T2 Extreme edition, so I loaded the Interactual Player from the T2 DVD. Of course I could not aquire the freakin' license, so did not even get to watch.

I went a couple of days before I tried to watch a DVD with WinDVD Platinum, and look at that, every DVD I tried had skipping audio.

Other system specs (remember, DVD's worked before):

ATI AIW Radeon 32MB AGP 4x (fastwrites enabled)

512MB PC2100 DDR

XP 2200+

40GB boot drive with pagefile and temp directory

80GB drive as master on secondary channel with HP 200i

W2K Pro SP3

What could have been installed during Interactual's install that could do this? Is Interactual probably a non event here, and look elsewhere? This is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to remember how to install the update to WinDVD again. I remember a thread somewhere titled something like "Latest WinDVD update solves all problems" I just wish I could remember where.

I am sure it is WinDVD because if I disable the hardware accelleration, then the skipping goes away, but I had fixed that one time. Freakin' Interactual messed with my system, and I still couldn't aquire the license to watch T2 Extreme!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the thread I was looking for right here on AVS. I followed the instructions again, and it still skips. I guess it is time to reinstall W2K again. What a pain in the behind this is sometimes.

One thing that still bothers me is the fact I just got done watching a DVD backed up to the hard drive using WinDVD and it doesn't skip when watching from hard drive. I hope it is not my HP 200i drive going bad or something.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did another experiment. I loaded WinDVD under my XP partition. It doesn't skip or stutter like it does under W2K. That is strange, because XP basically sucks a$$. In this case, XP is working somehow. At least I know it is something with software now, and not my HP DVD200i. Time to do that W2K re-install I have been dreading...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.