AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I built a new HTPC based on an MSI H55M-ED55 mother board.

I had it plugged into my Television (Samsung HL-S4666W) via a 4 port Monoprice HDMI switcher, however I was unable to get any output.

I removed the switcher and plugged directly into the TV, looks great after tweaking resolution and stretch, etc.

However, when I use the televisions input change inputs (say to my Nintendo Wii) and then go back to the HTPC system, I get a "Scanning for Signal" then "No Signal".

A reboot does not resolve the problem, when I don't mess with the input on the TV, I'm able to see the BIOS boot, Windows load, etc.

The only resolution is to pull out my extra LCD monitor and plug it into the system (I've been using the DVI port).

Then the TV seems to turn right back on.

Any ideas?

I'm going to try a BIOS update next, but if that doesn't resolve it, I'm out of ideas.

I'm hitting a WAF situation.

I've got 1 day to resolve this, cut the cord on cable, otherwise she may kill the project and it'll be another 3 years before I can bring the topic up again.

Thanks for any input (HAH!)

-MSI H55M-ED55

-BIOS:

-Intel Core i3 550

-Crucial CT2KIT25664BA1339 4GB kit

-Intel i3 IGP, latest Intel Drivers

-Seasonic Fanless SS-460FL Active PFC F3 ~ [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

-SATA 1: Intel X25-V SSDSA2MP040G2K5 40GB SATA 2: Western Digital AV-GP WD10EVDS 1TB

-SATA 3: SAMSUNG SH-B123L BluRay

-Windows 7 Home Premium

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This did indeed resolve the issue.

It's unfortunate that I can't bind a key modifier to a remote control button so that I'm not re-initiating the HDMI link when I hit the button bound to the app. For now I'm using 9, I don't see us using that button too often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.