AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my HTPC setup with HDMI out to an HDMI splitter, which sends the signal to two televisions. The only problem I've run into is that one TV is 1080p and one TV is 720p.

What happens is that when the 720p TV is shut off and the other is on, Windows 7 automatically recognizes the second TV and automatically updates the video out to 1080p. When I turn the 720p TV back on I get "no signal".

Is there a way to force windows 7 to leave my HDMI output alone at 720p and not reset to the native resolution of the 1080p TV? Both TVs support 720p, so its a frustrating experience when it constantly tries to optimize, leaving one without signal when turned back on.

I have the Asus P7H55-M PRO and I am using the onboard Intel HD video.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

Quote:
Is there a way to force windows 7 to leave my HDMI output alone at 720p and not reset to the native resolution of the 1080p TV?

If you are using a splitter, no, you cant do that. The pc will recognize when either tv is turned on or off, and since you have it split, it confuses windows when one or the other turns off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.