AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

I'm running the iMon application that came with my Antec Fusion Remote case (updated to the most current version) and I want to have more control over the applications I...most specifically 7MC and TMT5.

Right now, the remote can do a few things...Power On/Off, Open/Close the Drive Tray, etc., but I've not been able to figure out how to make it control TMT (currently TMT5) or 7MC.

From there, I would like to one be able to pause/resume MPC-HC and maybe iTunes...which I've seen listed in the iMon stuff but have yet been able to control.

Is it possible to do and does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to start? If I can a couple things to work, I'll probably be able to move right on from there...just need a small crack in in the armor you know.

Thanks for any help or suggestions and know that I'm still looking around for clues too.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E. Fox, II /forum/post/0

So...

I'm running the iMon application that came with my Antec Fusion Remote case (updated to the most current version) and I want to have more control over the applications I...most specifically 7MC and TMT5.

Right now, the remote can do a few things...Power On/Off, Open/Close the Drive Tray, etc., but I've not been able to figure out how to make it control TMT (currently TMT5) or 7MC.

From there, I would like to one be able to pause/resume MPC-HC and maybe iTunes...which I've seen listed in the iMon stuff but have yet been able to control.

Is it possible to do and does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to start? If I can a couple things to work, I'll probably be able to move right on from there...just need a small crack in in the armor you know.

Thanks for any help or suggestions and know that I'm still looking around for clues too.

i havent spent much time on it but you should be able to setup each application from within its options to work with the remote, not sure how iMon will affect it. I believe you can setup iMon to launch each app, which i assume youve already completed.

I'd also suggest checking the forums for each app, there usually is a section about controlling the app via remote.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Paul. IMON Manager doesn't work with TMT5. For whatever reason it broke in TMT5 despite working in TMT3. I've been digging for a way to fix myself, but i too am coming up dry. There's oodles of people complaining on both the Soundgraph and Arcsoft forums about it. I am thinking if I can figure out what key commands it responds to I might be able to write a custom imo, but having the time to do that is not looking good.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I'm wondering if I can just bypass iMon and set it up as a WMC remote then?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I've had my Fusion case for a long time and I never could get iMON to work right. That is some of the crappiest software I've ever used. I ended up buying a cheap MCE remote and IR dongle to control my HTPC, and it works tons better than iMON ever did. Plus, the Harmony database works with the Microsoft Media Center remote.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegobeer /forum/post/19637730

I've had my Fusion case for a long time and I never could get iMON to work right. That is some of the crappiest software I've ever used. I ended up buying a cheap MCE remote and IR dongle to control my HTPC, and it works tons better than iMON ever did. Plus, the Harmony database works with the Microsoft Media Center remote.

There is an option in iMON that you can set so it behaves like an MCE remote.

I know quite a few people have had issues with iMON but it works well for me.

I'm using a harmony remote set up to behave like a MCE remote too.

To the original Poster (OP):

You can control individual programs in Imon manager. Go to program control and add the program you wish to manipulate. There are even .imo files that should be found in the imon directory that contain setups for different programs so you don't have to set them up yourself. MC7 shouldn't need much though once you configure iMON to act like an MCE remote. As another memeber rightly identified, currently iMON and TMT5 don't work well. I'm hoping they can get that sorted shortly because it works great with TMT3.

My only issue with iMon is it doesn't have macro's for individual programs, only the whole system. Still, setting up a system wide macro for a right mouse click at the press of a button is very handy :)

Let me know if there is anything you need advice with..

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_kano /forum/post/19638318

If you can't find the .imo program setup files on your system then they can be found here:

http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610

Please note though that these are other peoples setups, so you may need to change some things :)

You should also use the soundgraph forums for advice, although I'm happy to answer anything I can that you post here.

Thanks for all the advice so far. I tinkered around in the iMon Manager today and was able to get a few simple command sot work with MPC-HC so that may have been what I needed to get thing working over time. I would ultimately like to be able to place the HTPC into 7MC and then pretty much drop the Keyboard and Mouse to the desk and use only the Harmony.

Still see a few problems there getting some sort of "mouse mode" for browsing to files but I think my toe is now in the water so to speak. I'll drop by from time to time and see what I can figure out.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E. Fox, II /forum/post/19638450

Thanks for all the advice so far. I tinkered around in the iMon Manager today and was able to get a few simple command sot work with MPC-HC so that may have been what I needed to get thing working over time. I would ultimately like to be able to place the HTPC into 7MC and then pretty much drop the Keyboard and Mouse to the desk and use only the Harmony.

Still see a few problems there getting some sort of "mouse mode" for browsing to files but I think my toe is now in the water so to speak. I'll drop by from time to time and see what I can figure out.

Why do you need mouse mode for browsing? The up, down, left and right is generally what I use in MC7 etc. I can understand if you have a specific reason though, just trying to understand your logic for it.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
If you want flexibility just drop the iMon and get a cheap MCE IR receiver and use Eventghost. You will be able to do everything you are asking, even the mouse mode toggle. If you want Power On then just leave the iMon connect and program the remote to only use it for Power.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_kano /forum/post/19638694

Why do you need mouse mode for browsing? The up, down, left and right is generally what I use in MC7 etc. I can understand if you have a specific reason though, just trying to understand your logic for it.

Maybe I don't...just not sure how I would "browse" to a file without having a mouse or something.

I did mess around a little last night and do have MPC-HC playing, pausing and scanning both in Forward and Reverse.

That's progress at least...

·
Registered
270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E. Fox, II /forum/post/19643265

Maybe I don't...just not sure how I would "browse" to a file without having a mouse or something.

I did mess around a little last night and do have MPC-HC playing, pausing and scanning both in Forward and Reverse.

That's progress at least...

Tab, arrows, Enter and Backspace keys - that's all what is needed for file browsing. iMon remote has them.

Besides, MPH-HC, TMT3 and other programs worked with my iMon out of the box. iMon installation detects them and adds configuration automatically. The key thing is to install iMon software in the end, after you install everything else. Then you don't have to do anything.

I think, scanning is not configured for MPC-HC by default but I can be wrong. Default action for FF and REW buttons - skip, and jump back. Next/Prev chapter buttons move to Next/Prev file. But that you can always change. I didn't try arrows yet.

iMon software used to be much worse 3 years ago but now I think it's pretty decent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts