AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about using my existing PC as a modest PVR but its in a different room from my TV. Distance of a cable run to there is approx 40-50ft.

I might just go s-video out from my Radeon 7500 for video, but not sure how to get the audio output from my Santa Cruz Turtle Beach sound card to my tv. I was planning just to use RCA connection to TV because I dont want to have to turn on the receiver just to watch recorded TV shows.

The Santa Cruz has a stereo out mini jack, whats the best way to connect that to the rca audio in of my TV?

I was thinking long stereo mini cable, (which I havent seen in a 50 footer yet) and then a female 1/8 mini to stereo rca phono plugs on the end of that into TV audio input.

Would it be possible to control the PC from the living room thru the walls using something like a logitech wireless RF duo ?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
As far as video, 50 ft is OK for good S-video cable. You could also go with RGB cable if you TV will take it. On audio, the best way is to get converter from Radio Shack and plug in the video card and from there go RCA for 50 ft.

With mouse/keyboard, I am afraid that it will be tough. I once did run 50' USB extension cable, but it was hit and miss. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
that's a long s-video cable..i'd try to avoid that one if i were you..you'd get much better results with component or rgb.

brickie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.