AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I am able to show you some pictures of my 3 months project: A HTPC/Jukebox with a wonderful 6' TFT. It's for audio use only, works with Winamp/Girder/Pronto/Irman and uses a Terratec 6 Fire with optical output. The CPU is a passiv-cooled VIA C3 Ezra 866 Mhz (look Ma-no fans!) and the powersupply and case is from Noiseblocker and VERY silent. The harddisk is a 120 GB Maxtor in a silent drive case. The fascia is 8mm aluminium black anodized with just the rectangle for the TFT and a power LED on the far right side of the case. On the back of the fascia there are mounted screws for the TFT display and the case.

I am just doing a 30h backup with USB, so you don't get to see the Winamp pictures!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Display is a 6,4'' TFT Display LG Philips LP064V1 with a controller EPAS-50. Display and controller cost about €500. Not cheap but worth it.

:)

Oh and you can get it here: http://www.reichelt.de/ but you will need to brush up your German I'm afraid...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I have been going at this another way.....

I picked up a Virgin Webplayer internet device (2 of actually) added a hard drive and did the usual hacks to make to a 200Mhz 'real' computer with an IR keyboard and LCD screen for

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.