AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HTPC Launcher is a file launcher for use on an HTPC. I developed it because I had pretty much everything I wanted setup for remote control of my PC (using Girder www.girder.nl ) except for a "Now Playing" style file list for my recorded video files like my TiVo has. I couldn't find anything appropriate, so I went ahead and wrote it myself.

Please check it out and let me know what you think. It's Open Source (GPL), so y'all are free to make changes too.

http://web.collective.sh:81/article.php?sid=12

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think that port 81 is blocked...

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Forgive me for being dumb but what exactly is it this does ???

I checked the site but it does not list much more than what you have stated here and I am confused as to the apps purpose...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I probably should have given a little more background info.

The machine I use for an HTPC does double duty as my home desktop. It lives on the other side of a wall from the AV gear in the living room and I've got RCA connectors going through the wall such that I have audio and video in and out of the machine. I've got an X10 mp3 anywhere RF remote for remote control and I'm using Girder to handle the commands from that remote.

What my program does is simply search a list of directories (such as c:\\video, c:\\video\\archive\\simpsons) for files of whatever extension you tell it to (such as mpg, mp2, avi). It takes the files it finds and puts them in a TV readable listbox from which you can select the file and it will call the player you have configured it to use.

It's not terribly sophisticated in what it does. I wrote it to be exactly what it is: a simple, flexible, TV readable file launcher. It may evolve to be something more in the future, but for now that's just what it is.

I've tossed a screen shot up on the website, so you can see what it looks like in action.

http://web.collective.sh:81/download...screenshot.jpg

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by genixia
I think that port 81 is blocked...
...outgoing on my machine. Doh! Who needs this security stuff anyway???

BTW, I think AT&T have reopened port 80 - I certainly saw a lot of attacks last week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.