AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have also posed on the Digital Projector forums, but thought it would be a good idea to post on the HTPC forum as well to see if you knowledgable people could assist.

As title suggests I am experiencing issues with my Marantz VP12-S3 when used with my HTPC via DVI (I have not tried it via VGA). This is *only* with the HTPC, *not* with my standalone DVD player the Pioneer 59AVi which produces an astounding image via its HDMI output into the DVI-D input of the S3 - phonemonial PQ .

The problem with the HTPC can only be described as banding and solarisation on colour fades. Its as if the colour bit depth has been reduced substantially from what it should be. The configuration of the HTPC is a Radeon 9600 Graphics Card using Theatertek for playback (also Power DVD which I tried), however banding/solarisation is also present on test patterns derived from 'Display Mate' or even via the Windows Desktop. I have not experienced this problem with other digital displays using the same source.

As said this is only with the HTPC, not my other primary digital video source the Pioneer 59AVi (where the image produced by S3 from both component and DVI is fantastic), however I am keen to get it resolved and wondered if any one else had experienced any such issues, indeed had any recommendations/ideas for a resolution .

NB - Please bear in mind I had the HTPC built for me a while back as a source/video processor/scaler and have only ever used it as such, so in essence not really a PC man - a newbie by all accounts... :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.