Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my self built HTPC: (SIG)

I also purchased an XBOX360 last month so I figured might as well get the 2 going. I've built my share of PC's and Workstations so getting this done was a pretty simple Task.

The XBOX and HTPC "Recognize" each other and the XBOX and MCE do everything they're expected to do.

My next step was to get my HDTV going but that's where I've hit a snag. The MCE doesn't see my Fusion card.

http://eduncan911.com/photos/geek_st.../original.aspx :rolleyes:

As you all know we've seen that Windows MCE 2005 requires an NTSC Analog Tuner before you can use an ATSC digital tuner card. :blink:

I know initially that MCE required an analog tuner but My understanding was that Dvico (Fusion) & MCE both addressed this issue in the latest rollup and previous drivers yet, I still get "Tuner Not Found".

So here I am with a system that actually works but I can't get my card going through it. What to do? :crying:

Seems, I am at the point where I have to get a 2nd card but wanted to exhaust my other options and research what my choices are. (Hacks, Tricks etc.)

Anyone have any extra info on this? TIA

btw, I have done plenty of searches on this, nuthin. :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tee
I have my self built HTPC: (SIG)

I also purchased an XBOX360 last month so I figured might as well get the 2 going. I've built my share of PC's and Workstations so getting this done was a pretty simple Task.

The XBOX and HTPC "Recognize" each other and the XBOX and MCE do everything they're expected to do.

My next step was to get my HDTV going but that's where I've hit a snag. The MCE doesn't see my Fusion card.

http://eduncan911.com/photos/geek_st.../original.aspx :rolleyes:

As you all know we've seen that Windows MCE 2005 requires an NTSC Analog Tuner before you can use an ATSC digital tuner card. :blink:

I know initially that MCE required an analog tuner but My understanding was that Dvico (Fusion) & MCE both addressed this issue in the latest rollup and previous drivers yet, I still get "Tuner Not Found".

So here I am with a system that actually works but I can't get my card going through it. What to do? :crying:

Seems, I am at the point where I have to get a 2nd card but wanted to exhaust my other options and research what my choices are. (Hacks, Tricks etc.)

Anyone have any extra info on this? TIA

btw, I have done plenty of searches on this, nuthin. :(

I've not seen anything that says this issue was addressed. I just bought an ATI HDTV Wonder and was only able to install without an NTSC tuner using the modified KRAM drivers for ATI. If you're unable to do anything else, you might consider going that route.

Sorry if this post didn't provide any helpful information. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by platbr
I've not seen anything that says this issue was addressed. I just bought an ATI HDTV Wonder and was only able to install without an NTSC tuner using the modified KRAM drivers for ATI. If you're unable to do anything else, you might consider going that route.

Sorry if this post didn't provide any helpful information. :confused: :confused:
Thanks for the reply.

I just configured a "Workaround" without getting the 2nd tuner but I can only use it via antenna since MCE doesn't support QAM :mad:

But as of now, I have MY HTPC in another room and I am able to watch HDTV via stream on My XBOX360!!

IT'S AWESOME!

Being able to Play XBOX360, See my Videos or Movies, Watch HD like a PVR, stream mp3's .

I can't believe it works especially w/ MS history. But there are a few MS Issues like the types of files it reads, No Boxless CableTv, and setting up a few things up right but overall I am happy. I will be even happier when I can use Fusion's QAM decoders through MCE but that's for another day. :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.