AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered an Infocus LP340. I originally purchased the projector to watch DVD material using the S-Video out of my Sony DVD player, but after scouring the AVS forum groups I was surprised to learn how popular HTPC's are. It makes perfect sense, and I think I would like to play around with the idea. I do have a number of questions:

1. I already have an ATI all-in-wonder Radeon card in my PC (I had purchased it for it's TV and video capture capabilites). I noticed a large number of problems being reported with regards to this card and the DVI output with the Infocus 340/350 projectors. Have these problems been resolved? Is there a work around? Does an analog connection look bad?

2. How well will the 340 perform with different material (DVD, TV, etc.) I know it looks very nice with DVD's (which I've seen in person), but it the SVGA resolution "good enough" to make a difference using a HTPC? The 350 was just too much money for what I wanted (Big screen, good picture, not too much $$$)...

3. How well do the HTPC DTV/HDTV solutions work? Now that I have a high resolution display, I'm gaining interest in receiving DTV/HDTV programming. I know that Hauppage has a few products for this purpose. How well do they operate? Can the ATI properly scale an HDTV image down to the resolution of my projector? I live about 20 miles from Boston, what are the chances of my even receiving a good DTV signal?

If anyone can provide some insight or make some suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to move forward with as much information as possible.

/Ryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.