AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying configure my HTPC to use the 480P input on my Mits 65905 16X9 TV. The 1080i input is already used by the DTC-100 so I want use the 480p for the other stuff that is switched by my receiver and fed into the HTPC via SVIDEO. I would also use the HTPC for DVD playback. I have the VGA output run through an AA transcoder and can get the PC desktop on the tv using a 640X480 custom configuration with PowerStrip. The problem is that there is way too much overscan vertically while the horiz image is too small. Is the solution to adjust the set (which was fine with my prog. scan DVD) or reduce the vertical resolution or ?

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
206 Posts
Why not use a transcoder on the dtc 100 and then run it through the reciever as well. You could then run the output from the reciever to the hd input on the Mits and all your resolutions would be supported. If you decide to do this you will have to unplug the Mits for a few minutes to get it to reset so it will take the component input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Because it is connected to the 480p connection it won't let you run 540p timings? I have got 640x480 and 848x480 to run 16:9 using 540p timings, but for 480p I had to lower the vertical resolution to 640x440 (this was ok for me because my screen is 4:3 but for you, you would probably have black bars on the sides I would assume).

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If my receiver could switch component signals, I'd be in hog heaven. I would prefer to keep the DTC-100 on the HD inputs rather than buy a receiver that switches component. It looks like trying to use the 480p inputs is going to be hard though. Ideas welcomed...

Thanks

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.