Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

i was curious to know if there were any san francisco bay area htpc owners??

i recently saw a thread for a few users that got together to check out some of the better htpc's in their area (texas i think). i thought this was a great idea. i was cuious to know if there was anyone out there that might want to show off their setups.

i often find it difficult to follow some of the more advanced threads and thought maybe seeing a htpc with all the bells and whistles in action might provide some additional insight into tweaking our own units.

i am in the concord area. living in the bay area.... obviously i/we drive everywhere.... so id be willing to make a drive about anywhere in the area.

let me know if anyone is up for it!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I am in the Bay Area, but not anywhere near your neck of the woods. But you are in luck. If I remember correctly, Mark Rejhon might be living in Concord as of right now. He is one of the people driving developement on the HTPC movement. See if you can look up his information and email him or something.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Chrisssss,

A few of us got together a little while back.

[email protected] .

I intended to have another; however, one wedding, one father with cancer, one move, one shoulder surgery, and one cranking time at work seem to have put things on hold for a bit.

I promise that I will start things up again soon.

-Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tivolicious-- isnt it amazing how hectic life can be sometimes??? i hope your handleing everything well. id be interested in meeting up you guys at any point. please keep me in mind when you think about getting something going again.

i saw your link to the yahoogroups, but it was an email link. when i get home tonight.. ill try and search your group out on yahoo. do you guys message there often.. or mainly here?

if anyone out there might want to get together in the near future and compare our "works in progress".... perhaps we can just share ideas and know-how.

my system is relatively basic. im mainly using it for mp3 audio output to my denon home theater. i only have an analog monitor currently, but have recently ordered a scan converter, so my video performance might improve. but hey.. there is lots of audio tweaking, mp3 management, case silencing etc we can still mess with.

so if anyone is interested still in checking out more basic systems.... feel free to email me or keep theis thread going a bit longer.

[email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
almost forgot...

i should have one of those active home control units up and running with some basic lighting control in the next few weeks. perhaps some of you want to check it out.. or have a home control system you want to show off????

·
Registered
901 Posts
Chrisssss,

Since Steve has been busy, things have been a little quiet on the SFHTPC group. In any event, all general HTPC discussion takes place here. There were 20-30 folks around at Steve's place last time and some good discussion had along with the beer, pizza and brownies.

I have a feeling that a get together in the next month or two should be doable. I should have the new Custom HTPC case and the new TT player and I bet Steve is getting the new SDI input stuff for DScaler.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Hi all,

I think that I will be ready to host another get-together sometime in the middle of January. I should have a system to show at that point.

If anyone else would like to either:

a) Host

or

b) Arrange a place to meet

That would be great. As Simon has said, In the next month there should be some good stuff to show off.

For those of you that haven't joined the SFHTPC group, do so. The communications for the next meeting will probably go through the yahoogroup.

-Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im happy to hear there will be another get together soon! i really am looking forward to checking out some of your setups. i find myself getting more and more into this.... also finding myself having to watch how much i spend on this :)

anyhow.. i will keep an eye out for upcoming get togethers.

id offer to host and event, but as i said.. my system htpc is rather "newbie," so im not sure people would find it too impressive. but if your looking for a location.... id be happy to open my house up.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm here in Fairfield (moving soon to Vacaville). I use a Cassini MPact2 based HTPC driving a Sony KLW9000.

I would be interested in seeing what others have, or opening my home to a few visitors. I just signed up to the Yahoo group so I'll keep monitoring that.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mittelhauser
Worked for me -- now just waiting for the moderator to approve my membership...:)

-Jon
Hint taken ;) Done!

-Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.