AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to HTPC & need some help.I've recently configured a HTPC & I've 2 problems.

1. while playing DVD & the pc directly hooked up to the pj using a vga to 5 bnc breakout cable(2m), I noticed that the top 30% of the picture screen is slanted slightly ( S shape ) but when I checked the cross hatch test pattern ,all the lines & squares are straight. what could be wrong?Too much electronic convergence adjustments?the display in my monitor does not have this problem.

2. I've tried connecting the vga output to a Barco 'Universal VGA Interface' to be used as a splitter with a D15 connector output to monitor & the 5 bnc output to the pj in the hope that I may obtain better PQ using Canare bnc cables & adjustibility of the R,G & B colour available on the Barco unit. the display is from the pj is OK ( with the problem as stated above) but another problem is that when I hit any button on the NEC pj remote (both remote) I could not read the data, there's faint scan lines in place of the data across the screen.As such I could make no adjustments eg. alignment nor convergence. Is it that the barco interface unit is non compatible with my Nec?

I'm using AMD Athlon 1700, Radeon powered 9000, Pioneer DVD Rom. I raelly hope I could use the Canare cables instead of the vga breakout cable.

Please help anyone.

Thx. & regards

Lee

·
Registered
52 Posts
You might get better results posting this message in the CRT projector.

As for the S at the top of the screen does it stay in the same place if you move the picture down using the position control, it may be that the image is to high up in the raster area.

Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.