AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i swapped out the power supply to a enermax 350w which eliminated 99% of the video noise with the svideo input on my capture card. id like to remove the remaining noise which i suspect is still coming from the power supply. i was think of using a power line filter although not sure if this would affect the noise being produced from pc power supply. has anyone devised or sell a pc power supply filter or conditioner that inserts between the power supply and the motherboard?

thanks to kbk for a writeup he did on reducing pc video noise.

the quest for a noise free system continues :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thanks for the question and answer as links. After reading first post, I searched and found his original post. And then, I just satisfied. I didn't find out the 101 thread if pivot didn't ask the question. Thanks again. :)

On the other hand, thanks for the post about enermax PS. I was wondering why my video input quality became worse after replacing enermax PS for repair. I'll check the quality again when I get the replace.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi dan,

i havent measured the audible noise coming from the enermax ps, but it doesnt seem any louder or quieter than average. its definately not a "whisper" as the text on the retail box would suggest. the video noise is markedly improved over my prior 250W deer.

anyone have any good ideas for a electromagnetic birdcage to shield a capture card?

rick

·
Registered
318 Posts
Several years ago I read about a metallac woven material made from nickel. It was supposedly used to line computer rooms by the military to prevent electronic evesdropping.

The article mentioned the company so I called them and ordered a sample. They sent me enough sample material to line my turntable compartment and it seemed to cut down on rfi pickup.

Unfortunateky this was ten years ago and I don't remember the company but I'll try to dig up the material and see if it makes a difference.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.