AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat down with my son to watch one of his DVDs on the new HTPC connected to the TV. I got stuttering sound and no video. Eventually the video came on but it was a frame-by-frame shot. Meanwhile, the audio kept stuttering. Yikes, I'd never seen this before!

I then tried all of Disney DVDs. None of them work!!! I haven't tried all of my non-Disney DVDs, but everything that I have tried has worked just fine. Has anyone else had a problem with Disney DVDs before?

Here's my setup:

Windows XP + SP1

ATI AIW7500 Radeon with latest driver

HP DVD200i running with UDMA2

I'm using the Cinemaster v5 to Direct Sound filters.

I can provide other details as necessary. This may not be a ZoomPlayer issue since they don't play in Windows Media Player either.

One thing I haven't tried is installing that god-awful InterMedia player that comes on all the Disney DVDs. (I'm not even sure if that's what it's called!

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S.

I know that Disney's Dinosaur DVD played on my wife's computer when it didn't have WinXP. So I know that some combination of Windows and DVD codecs works -- I think it would have been Intervideo's WinDVD with Win98 that I ran it under. But I still find my current situation strange.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have seen this as well with PowerDVD XP on Monsters Inc. I notice that this disk seems to "share" the Widescreen and Fullscreen content. When I select the Widescreen presentation, I get to the next to last scene and the movie starts stuttering, going to single frame stepping once a second, and finally locks up. This symptom is very consistent. No "dirt" on the DVD is present either...

Workaround I found: Select Fullscreen mode. I note that PowerDVD XP still displays the movie in 16x9 glory anyway. But the benefit is no hanging when it gets to that problem scene. The symptom is consistently avoided.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.