AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally building my 1st HTPC and have a few questions.

I'm using the following components. P4 1.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Radeon 7500, Toshiba DVD drive, WinTV 401 capture card, M-Audio 410 sound card.

My first question is where do I connect the audio cable from the DVD drive? There is no place on the M-Audio card to connect it so my only choices are to the PC motherboard or to the WinTV 401 capture card.

Next question is since the ATI Radeon software has a 1280x720 resolution already defined, do I still need to use Powerstrip to feed my Sharp Z9000 projector to match the 1280x720 native resolution?

Thanks in advance. I have learned a lot from this forum and appreciate all the information and experiences posted here.

Mike Urban

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Murban:

___PCM CD/MP3 audio as well as DD and DTS pass-thru via a DVD are using the PCI bus instead. No CD/DVD-ROM drive sound cable to attach and you should not for multiple reasons.

___As far as your resolutions are concerned, are you only going to use 1280x720 at a Windows predefined refresh or a custom one? Windows is not nearly as user adjustable for this small but almost mandatory HD display feature IMO. You don’t need PS but not only is the custom refresh a great add-on but the app launcher for a particular resolution and graphics adapter performance adjustment work great as well.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
996 Posts
I believe the ATI drivers has a predefined 1280x768, not 720, resolution.

You may be able to play with registry settings to get this to 720.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.