Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I maneged to run the ATI Radeon in interlaced mode,picture is good but the DVD software i use (PowerDVD-5) cannot run in interlaced mode,it cuts the bottom part of the picture and zooms in too far.

Why is that??

Is there other DVD players who can? and if i hook a HDTV tuner card to my HTPC would it be able to display the picture properly??

I`m running interlaced on a CRT projector that cannot do 1080p but can do 1080i .

Thank you all,

Yuval.

·
Registered
853 Posts
There is a setting in powerstrip that allows you to disable tiling mode. If you do a search in the HTPC forum, you should be able to find out how. I don't remember off hand, but I do remember it is not intuitive.

Thanks,

Vidkidd

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
You're suffering from the infamous "half height interlaced overlay bug" or simply "interlaced overlay bug". Do a search on those terms and you should find out everything you need to know about the problem. It boils down to, install Catalyst version 3.4.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Definately install the cat 3.4s..... I was beating myself up with it. I had 3.10s and people said they worked fine, however in interlaced mode when media was played it was chopped and zoomed. This is what people mean by interlace overlay.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by helzerr
You're suffering from the infamous "half height interlaced overlay bug" or simply "interlaced overlay bug". Do a search on those terms and you should find out everything you need to know about the problem. It boils down to, install Catalyst version 3.4.
Is this for VGA and DVI output only? I am only using s-video out so not sure this would affect me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I believe that the "half height overlay" bug will only be visible if you explicitly put your card into an interlaced mode (i.e. to drive an interlaced high definition mode or RGB standard definition PAL).

Although S/Composite TV-Out supplies an interlaced signal to an interlaced TV set at either 50/60Hz I believe the card is still running in a progressive mode at either 50 or 60 Hz.

Well that was the conclusion I came to the other day when doing some tests.

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.