AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many websites dedicated to PC hardware each orientated towards a specific area of computing, (gaming hardware, gaming software, general computing etc.). I thought I would throw and idea into the mix and get the opinions of a few HTPC gurus out there.

Why not start a page dedicated to Home theater PC enthusiasts, not only would it be handy for current HTPC users but I can only imagine the amount of people that would realize the potential thier PC has.

Food for though, If we can pool all of the resource on this forum it would be an amazing site, even just a place to store the knowledge in an accesable website it would be great!!!

:cool:

Regards

Al

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I've kinda been wondering if we could have a review section. Several other sites that I check out do this for different products. You could have a video card section, sound, DVD drives, etc. Then anyone could post their own review of any of the equipment. I think this would be a huge benefit for someone new to the arena, or looking for improvement. An example of this is on the Mountain Bike Review Website at www.mtbr.com.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The possibilties are quite big. Faq's, how to's, reviews by the site, reviews by the readers, news. I guess you can make it as big or as little as you want it.

You could just scale it down to include user reviews as well.

Sounds like a tempting opportunity.

regards

Al

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I was actually going to attempt a huge remake of my site sort of in this fashion (and got a domain too, www.htpc.ws ) but I need to wait on some other things to go through in a few weeks before I can work on the content for it. Already had the site setup on a Linux box with PostNuke and showed it to a few people here...it isn't at all like what I've got now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There we go, we have our man!! If you are interested in starting such a site I am sure there would be a lot of contributors willing to write reviews and faqs. I would love to help out anyway I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.