AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for an HTPC set that includes the best graphic-audio-card for movies and also that one should support all sound features like 3D sound,dolby digital,dts, 7.1 or 5.1 and you know the rest.

I want to connect that htpc to a good reciever with its competible speakers but i don't know which are the best. I think 5.1 is enough for my living room because it's not that big.

For general knowledge I'm from the "old generation", I've just recently discovered that no RCA cables are needed today, only one HDMI cable for both sound and graphics. There's also the ARC thing (audio return channel) that I didn't understand why is it so important.

I have a big passion for clear surrounded sound and for a high resolution image.

Oh and no AMD stuff or 3D image. I hate AMDs and I'm not planning to buy 3DTV.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need a part list because I don't trust any prebuilt models unless it has a really good specs. As for size , well I need enough room inside for graphic and audio card, I don't want to be limited by room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to spend something like 1200$ only on htpc and about the reciever I don't really know how much, I think i've found the perfect reciever of Yamaha's

YHT-899U . I believe its good since it supports many things, also with a good power, but they didn't mention about SNR and more real tech spec which is disappointing, though I was enthusiastic about their YPAO.

My htpc is not intended for gaming, only for presenting perfect high resulotioned (1080p) pictures\movies, no 3D . Can it has a remote controll?

I'm an electrical engineer beginner with alot of experience in practical but In the sound-picture section I don't know much, but I don't pick things only by look, I need to see manufacturer's "promises".

·
Registered
392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elad Joel Karas  /t/1469157/htpc-set-home-theater-surround#post_23228518

I need a part list because I don't trust any prebuilt models unless it has a really good specs. As for size , well I need enough room inside for graphic and audio card, I don't want to be limited by room.

You don't need either of those. The built in video + audio on intel cpu / chipsets made in the last 3 years is more then capable for all htpc needs.

In fact when bitstreaming audio to your receiver your pc won't handle any of the audio processing so any money spent on a sound card is completely wasted unless you plan to use some high end surround headset during late night movie sessions or other reasons.

The only reason I can think of that you would need a dedicated graphics card would be for future 4k/ultra hd use since gaming is out of the question.

·
Registered
11,623 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts