AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all of my components and need software setup advice.

My component list is:

Projector: Sony VPH-1270Q CRT

Screen: 96" x 54" (Widescreen)

Motherboard: Soyo Dragon Ultra+ (Platinum Edition)

w/ SPDIF sound built in

Video Card: Radeon 9000 64 MB

Tuner Card: Hauppauge WinTV-D

Processor: Athlon 2000+ (1.67 Ghz)

Ram: 512MB 2700 Ram

DVD: Pioneer Slot-Load

Hard Drive: 100 GB

I think I remembered everything. So here goes my question.

I am guessing that I need Powerstrip and DScaler. I have both but have no idea what resolution works best or what to do next. What DVD software should I get.

What software in general should I get and what settings for it. This is really where I am lacking.

Thanks much,

Scott

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
scott i'll try to chime in alittle.i have the 1031, which is an earlier version than yours...first is machine for dvd playback only?if so i don't think you'll need dscaler...i don't use it in my htpc(dvd playback only).if this is only dvd playback then the sky's the limit...powerdvd,windvd,zoomplayer,theatertek,and the list goes on.all of those are considered good..depending on how much tweekability you need...or more just set it up and play movies...i have used powerdvd, and theatertek.both are good.theatertek has BETTER picture, while powerdvd is a little more feature rich.zoomplayer is said to have both of best worlds because you can choose your audio and video filter from any of those softwares...

as far as resolution goes i don't know what the "magic" res is for this projector,but many have discussed it so if you do a search you should find some answers.this is a popular projector.all the software of course has help files to help learn what the different sttings are used for...

you will need powerstrip!!to try different res' and refresh rates this is a must...especially when you find the magic one..

brickie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.