AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a KV32HS500 HDTV set in the new few weeks. I intend to hook this set to my HTPC via the DVI port on my AIW Radeon 7500.

For those with this set or experience with this set:

1) What resolutions have been shown to work best with this setup? I understand that beyond a certain resolution the TV goes into 16:9 compressed mode, and I'd prefer to prevent that.

2) Is Powerstrip a requirement? If so, are there any profiles or resources that you can point me to? I am completely new to this app.

3) Is there any archive material that I can read? I have already read as much info as I could find here at AVS Forum (here and in the Tube TV section).

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Regards,

Kevin

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off i would like to say im new to posting here.

I bought a Sony KV-36HS500 last week. I managed to talk CC down to $1669 then when I got it I found a small scratch on it and got another $30 off (thats a whole different story though). Since I've only had it less than a week I havent played with it to much however I have found that using either my abit geforce 4 4400 or a geforce 2 mx 440 and a DVI-D single link cable i can do the folowing.

Quote:
1) What resolutions have been shown to work best with this setup? I understand that beyond a certain resolution the TV goes into 16:9 compressed mode, and I'd prefer to prevent that.
I can run the tv at 640x480 with no overscan (actually there is about 1/2 in border around the image.

I can also run it at 720x540, 960x540, 1920x540. All of these resolutions are auto squeezed into 16x9 mode and there is som overscan there. I did acidently notice that if i drop the Horizontal refresh to between 32.6 - 32.8 using Powerstrip the TV will switch to 4x3. Im not sure if this will damage the set or not and I'm new to Powerstrip.

I would like to try higher interlaced resolutions but for some reason the interlaced box is grayed out in Powerstrip when using the DVI out. And I have not been able to use 720p.

As for whats best, I sofar like using 960x540. it works great for playing 16x9 Divx movies or svcd's.

Quote:
2) Is Powerstrip a requirement? If so, are there any profiles or resources that you can point me to? I am completely new to this app.
I havent actually tried without it.

3) Is there any archive material that I can read? I have already read as much info as I could find here at AVS Forum (here and in the Tube TV section).

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...07&perpage=999

or search the forum for KV32HS500

this post looks promising http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ight=kv32hs500

I hope I helped

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.