AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trolling the forums (and MS support) for a solution to this, but I haven't found anything yet. I have an HTPC (HP s3300) running Vista Home Premium, and I can't seem to make it go back to sleep automatically after it wakes up to record programs. Instead, I manually have to press the power button on my MC remote when I get home from work (usually several hours after it's finished recording). What baffles me is that when I change the power options to have the PC automatically sleep after a specified period of time, it will NEVER sleep...even when I press the power button on the remote. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
157 Posts
You might also want to have a look at Device Manager (Control Panel->System and Maintenance->Device Manager) if you have a USB mouse. They tend to be automatically configured to wake the computer up by default. A laser mouse prevents the computer from going to sleep automatically since it always sends a signal to the computer.

In Device Manager's tree view, make sure that 'Allow this device to wakeup the computer' is ticked off in the 'Power Management' tab of your HID-compliant mouse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts