AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My HTPC is a bit underpowered (radeon 5450 with a dell optiplex gx620 - Pentium D at 3.2 GHZ). However, using MPC-HC the blurays play smooth as silk.

The problem is that I can't get the surround sound to work. I'm outputting the surround sound directly through the hdmi. Further, when I get a test file to test the surround sound, MPC-HC plays it perfectly. Even more so, when I play the same bluray through something like total media theater, I also get surround sound. Thus, it's some setting in MPC-HC that I can't figure out. The other players I tried (MediaTheater and PowerDVD) are bloated and cause the video to skip every onece in a while.

Can anyone suggest either a solution to the surround sound or suggest a much lighter player? Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
In MPC-HC, right click on the picture; go to filters; look at what audio decoder you have running (AC3 decoder, DTS decoder or AAC decoder). Click on it and you will get the settings for all three of them. Now, I don't know how it is for HDMI, but if you output it directly to the speakers, it will give you the option of matching the output to your speaker set up (stereo, 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 etc.). You can also enable LFE. I output directly to my speakers and, had the same problem and after I set it up on this screen as 5.1 with LFE enabled, it played perfectly. Hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.