AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Marquee 8500 and I was needing the necessary requirements to build a HTPC. I am wanting to play DVD, watch satelitte and play a few games. I am connected to DSL. Is there a list of hardware/software that would be used for this type of projector.

Thanks

Bobby

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't have much experience with CRT projectors, but looking at the specs and what you just stated your usage would be, I would grab the dell dimension in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=252206

Make sure that you put the DVD drive as an option and I would recommend bumping it to 512M of RAM.

I would either add the Radeon 9700tx to it before you buy it or if you really want high-end for your games, then buy a 9700 Pro or 9800 Pro later. (if you wait 3 or 4 weeks, the 9700 Pro should drop in price because the 9800 just came out)

For S-Video input I would buy a Flyvideo 2000 and run DScaler (you'll need 4.16 for the Flyvideo).

For DVD playing I like Theatertek and for sound I like my M-Audio Delta DiO 2496, but I think more recent people are moving to less expensive cards like the Revo 7.1 or even a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. Digital Connection has a Revo/Theatertek bundle that's a pretty good deal.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.