Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all!

I recently acquired a "starter" projector, an old NEC DP1200. It doesn't have it's optional controller, but it did come with a DWIN System LD2 line doubler.

If I run my HTPC through the DWIN's VGA input, will the DWIN pass the signal straight through (acting only as a source switch)? Or, will this screw things up?

I ask because I'd sure love to have several video sources switched through the DWIN if it'd work, since this old projector only has one RGB input (and one composite).

Thanks in advance for the input,

Ross

------------------

Ross Taylor

Anthem, AZ

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Bump...

------------------

Ross Taylor

Anthem, AZ

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ross,

I am doing what you describe. I run the HTPC VGA/RGB cable into the DWIN LD-2 and use the LD-2 as a video switcher for all video sources. I have a second RGB input on the projector that I could connect directly from the HTPC but have not had the time/energy to test it and see the difference by bypassing the LD-2.

Do note that the RGB output from the LD-2 puts out a higher voltage (double) to the projector and you will need to adjust the bright/contrast in the projector to about half the values used for the other sources.

I called Edwin at DWIN awhile back about this and he said one could add a capacitor (I think) to reduce the voltage and make it the same as the other video sources.

Good luck,

Don

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don,

Thank you for the most helpful reply! I appreciate the info. I've not yet got my old NEC DP1200 to even accept my HTPC's signal straight in yet, but when I do I plan on trying to use the DWIN as a source switcher.

Thanks again,

Ross

------------------

Ross Taylor

Anthem, AZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.