AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this weird problem:
I have my HTPC (W7 Home Premium 64bit) connected to Denon AV Receiver AVR-4520 (with 11 speakers configuration) and to Sony 1100ES Projector, all via HDMI cables.
I connect Denon via HTPC AMD graphic card HDMI output.
I have another set of stereo audio speakers connected to AUX output of HTPC Mother Board. I use this when my Denon and projector are off duty.

HTPC is set to "Duplicate" display mode for both Denon and my LCD monitor.
HTPC is on 24/7 non stop.

The Problem:
Every time when I turn on Denon and Sony projector, I can get video/picture immediately, but NO AUDIO.
In Audio Control Panel, there is no Denon AV Receiver listed, not in "disabled devises" or in "not connected devises".

I have to RE-START HTPC to get the proper Audio connection.
This is quite annoying.

Do I miss some setting or configuration in my HTPC? Please help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have this weird problem:
I have my HTPC (W7 Home Premium 64bit) connected to Denon AV Receiver AVR-4520 (with 11 speakers configuration) and to Sony 1100ES Projector, all via HDMI cables.
I connect Denon via HTPC AMD graphic card HDMI output.
I have another set of stereo audio speakers connected to AUX output of HTPC Mother Board. I use this when my Denon and projector are off duty.

HTPC is set to "Duplicate" display mode for both Denon and my LCD monitor.
HTPC is on 24/7 non stop.

The Problem:
Every time when I turn on Denon and Sony projector, I can get video/picture immediately, but NO AUDIO.
In Audio Control Panel, there is no Denon AV Receiver listed, not in "disabled devises" or in "not connected devises".

I have to RE-START HTPC to get the proper Audio connection.
This is quite annoying.

Do I miss some setting or configuration in my HTPC? Please help.

Thanks.
No one can help me about this issue ? :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
you can try to disable hot plug detection on the hdmi cable. google "hdmi pin 19 tape trick"
this involves a tiny amount of tape carefully placed on the cable where it connect to the AMD gpu.
anytime you boot the pc, make sure the projector and AVR are turned on. after that, changing inputs or turning the avr/projector shouldnt matter.
however you may have to manually select the aux output when not using the avr as the htpc will still think its connected.

·
Banned
919 Posts
When I had a Denon, I had to use the HDMI In port closest to the HIMI Out port or it would not work with my HTPC. For me, that was HDMI 4...the number will obviously vary based on Denon model. Just give that a try, try the HDMI In closest to the HDMI Out.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I have Denon and the easiest solution was to use Optical to connect to the HTPC.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Problems like this, I usually place a HDMI splitter after the REC/prepro and before the Monitor/Display and the issue goes away. Monoprice has them cheap and they work extremely well.

Toys

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
OP - Have you tried an updated driver for your Graphics card?

I have a Denon 4311 with an HTPC connected to it, and I've never had audio/video issues even after coming out of S3 sleep (which is how it's configured), however, mine is exclusively on the Denon, i.e. no "Duplication" of display, the HDMI is connected only to the Denon (and then to a projector).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts