AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the video cable between the LT150 & HTPC require horz. and vert sync in addition to RGB coax. pairs. I currently have a HD15 to (3) wire RGB cable, with RCA male plugs. Just bought a prog. dvd RP56 that I want to compare to htpc this weekend. Can I just make a simple HD15 to (3) RCA female adapter cable or is there other pins or jumpers required?

Jon

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Nope. As a matter of fact, breakout cable breaks the signals into 5 BNC with R, G, B, Hsync, Vsync. To use component signals you'd hook R, G, B into the DVD player, set the menu to component for the VGA port, and you're set. The Hsync and Vsync are left dangling and unhooked. The VGA-->component is merely R, G, B with the Hsync and Vsync unwired.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have a 3 wire breakout cable for my DVD to LT150 for progressive scan. I want to do a temporary modification to it so I can try HTPC to my LT150. I need to wire the HTPC side HD15 connector to my breakout cable. Question is, does a LT150 to HTPC connection need or use the Hsync, Vsync or any other jumpers? Can I just wire HD15 with RGB?

Jon

·
Registered
653 Posts
No, you can't do that. The LT150 will think it is a component video signal instead of RGB. You really need just a standard VGA monitor cable.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
do a search for belkin cable. In previous posts i give info/specs on the 25' vga cable from belkin electronics. I use it and it is excellent ($65 at buy.com)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I've feed the component video out of a progressive scan into the LT150 with no problems with a three wire breakout cable. The LT150 can accept component or RGB signals.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Jonmx, aviman33 is already doing that sending a component signal to his LT150. He wants to use the three wire breakout cable to connect his HTPC. That won't work. You can get a decent cable for less than $15 from cablesnmor.com or pccables.com. That's probably cheaper than any adapter you could rig.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i guess i'm kinda confused as well - the LT150 came with a video cable to hook up the PC. no reason to buy one.

if you were going to compare that to the dvd->150 with that other breakout cable, then thats fine. but i don't know why you'd want to come into the 150 from the pc any other way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.