Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I tried yesterday to unplug the 2 sync cables H and V from the PJ and I did not notice any difference in the picture.

Are they needed?

Could I get a 3 cables BNC to connect to the PJ or do I need the 5 cables connected?

Thanks,

Arno

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
With 3 cables you would have to send the sync on the green. The truest

form of RGB is with H and V sync. You can read a lot about it on the Extron

site. There's some very good articles.

Nicholas

·
Registered
729 Posts
It all depends on weather you are talking about RGB or component. You can have RGB on 3,4 or 5 wirers. The difference is where the sync is placed, on green (3 wire), horizontal and vertical sync on their own separate wire (4 wire) or horizontal and vertical sync each on separate wirers (5 wire). The difference between them is minimal. Some projectors do have a little trouble with sync on green and you end up with a the picture’s brightness flickering a little. Separate sync is safer.

If you are talking about three wirers as Component video Y, R-y, B-y then you need to make sure your projector accepts that signal. It may be advantages for you , with an HTPC to run your set up this component because, the encoder in the pc is probably not stellar. With component run to the projector you will have color and possibly tint control at the projector. This can aid in set up.

What projector do you have? Do you know the bandwidth specs for the Component input? Is it designed for SD video or HD video?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the answers.

I have an ECP 3101 so, no component input there :)

That's what I thought.

Just wanted to be sure because I could have used the cable for my computer instead...

Thanks

Arno

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.