AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have just finished connecting my hdtv to my computer via component video with an ati x1800 video card. now the kicker is that my big screen is on the other side of a decently large room and i don't want cables laying out. So my first attempt consists of using some extra coax that had been run for the older analog cable networks that used multiple coax lines and some extra RCA cables that I had run before we dry walled the ceiling.

So the clarity of the image is amazing, problem is I am getting horizontal lines scrolling to the top of the screen. I have tested all off the lines for shorts using the only line tester I could find at home depot (it sucks).

Unfortunately there are numerous potential sources for interference, namely the romex power lines.

Any ideas, suggestions, experience anything at all is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
If you have cat5 running you could use component blauns on each end: http://www.svideo.com/1080i.html

other than that, if you don't have good shielded cables i don't think you'll be able to fix the issues.

- Josh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.