Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have a Sony KP57WV600 HDTV and an HTPC with P4 2.0 ghz processor. I'm using the ATI AIW 8500 with the dongle. The display on the HDTV was configured with PowerStrip, and fits well on the screen. The problem is a light wave like distortion moves across the screen. It is visable on the both the desktop and with video that I've encoded from cable to my hard drive. It is so slight that I had to point it out to my wife before she noticed it. It is white in color and moves slowly from bottom right to top left.

HDTV works without distortion on cable.

As you can see from my description of the problem, I'm new at this. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Karnis

I removed all Cable connections (8500 dongle S-video to TV and S-video from Cable box to HTPC. There is no Cable RF connection to the HTPC. HTPC connectors are Ethernet cable to router for Internet, local network, and ATI dongle to HDTV. Distortion still exists. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes, as Karnis implied... Plug everything into the same surge protector, or even better, a UPS. My projector does this unless my DVD player is on the same exact circuit. I plug everything into a UPS and the problem disappears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the PC and Monitor on one surge protector and peripherals on another, both on the same circuit (wall outlet). The TV is located in another room (the other side of the wall) about 10 feet away, on another circuit. I can run an extension from the TV room to the PC. I’ll try it tonight.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.