Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've been reading so many of the avsforums that my head is swimming. I just ordered a Sanyo PLV-Z1 projector and I would love to feed it some HDTV. But after reading both this forum and the HTDV Hardware forum I'm really hesitant.

Seems like the settop boxes have problems (re-booting and such). A HTPC with some sort of HD card seems kind of complex to me.

So, is something like the HiPix card a better solution, once the HTPC is setup properly, a better solution than a settop box?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
"Seems like the settop boxes have problems (re-booting and such)."

I can assure you that HTPC's are far worse with problems than settop boxes, but the rewards can be worth it if you are willing to spend the time on an HTPC. With an HTPC you can also record HDTV and watch DVD's with awesome picture quality.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If you're main goal is simplicity and you don't want to record at all, go with the STB. IMO, HTPC's are for people who enjoy tweaking (that's me!).

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The ability to record is the main factor for the HD card solution. However keep in mind the HD card have no satellite capability except if your using the Dish 5K and modulator and the user interface for that combination is very user unfriendly.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.