AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Still tinkering with my 1st HTPC, after getting it built a few weeks ago. One of the things that still bothered me the most (versus cable STB) is the user interface...having to use a KB/Mouse all of the time to watch TV.

So, I picked up a Harmony One today and am in the process of configuring it.

A few questions for everyone.

1) I do want to use my HTPC (via antenna and HDHR) for PVR. What do I set the HTPC settings for? Can I leave it on in "sleep" mode and it will awaken when a show needs to record?

2) As part of #1, When I hit the 'power' button on the harmony One it turns off the TV and HTPC. Can I set the Harmony to make the HTPC "sleep" instead ? (assuming answer to #1 is that I need to put it in sleep mode)

3) I found a bios setting for "Away Mode"...has anyone used this? do I need to enable?

I have a Gigabyte 785GMT MB, with antec Fusion remote. Using newest IMON software set to "MC remote"

In the end, I am trying to make tasks such as coming home and watching TV as simple as using cable STB...not having to boot the computer everytime and use KB/Mouse.

thanks very much for the help!

chuga

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
1) Yes the computer will wake to record. I do it all the time.

2) The Harmony will put the HTPC to sleep with a USB IR receiver, not sure how it will work with your Antec setup.

3) I left the "away mode" as-is, no need to change the setting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.