AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
10,338 Posts
I am in the process of adding support for the following devices:

• Yamaha AVR
  • Onkyo AVR
  • Integra AVR
  • Anthem AVR
  • Epson PJ
  • Sony PJ
Just an FYI. I wrote Anthem IP control here in my setup. And you need at least 100 ms between each IP command or the Anthem intermittently freezes up and requires a power cycle. Without the delay, I had to power cycle every couple days (pulling the plug) for the AVR to start accepting any input from IP or remote control.

·
Registered
JVC NX5 at 140", Denon X4200W (5.1.2) with Axiom Audio speakers + Bass Shakers
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just an FYI. I wrote Anthem IP control here in my setup. And you need at least 100 ms between each IP command or the Anthem intermittently freezes up and requires a power cycle. Without the delay, I had to power cycle every couple days (pulling the plug) for the AVR to start accepting any input from IP or remote control.
Thanks markmon1, this is very helpful!

I have a friend with an Anthem and I was just beginning to test some IP commands and I did manage to lock up his unit the other night haha.

I will be sure to add some delay in my further testing.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Sorry I have been swamped, I havent had a chance to try it out yet, I will aim to use it over the weekend. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
New Release: v1.1
Changelog
  • Added Yamaha AVR support
  • Added Oppo Disc Player Support

Download Release Here (v1.1)

I've got several components configured including MPC. When I edit remotes, only MPC shows up as remote #1 , but how to I select one of the other components for remote 2?

edit: Is it just a matter of selecting a remote name that matches the component?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I've got several components configured including MPC. When I edit remotes, only MPC shows up as remote #1 , but how to I select one of the other components for remote 2?
So I included an MPC remote just as an example (and it actually uses hotkeys so you don't even need the MPC device IP : port set.). You can delete it or rename the file to a different remote number if you want.

Remotes are the .json files in the program folder with the remote number at the end of the filename.

To make remotes 2-5 just switch the remote number up on top the remote editor and start adding buttons and things. To add commands to buttons double click on the button in the list on the left.

You will be able to add commands for devices which you have configured in the device configuration screen prior.

edit: Is it just a matter of selecting a remote name that matches the component?

No the remote name is just a friendly name. You can put commands for any number of devices on the same remote if you want.

Each remote is just a new tab screen.

I guess my program is confusing to use, or maybe including the example MPC remote was confusing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice piece of software!

I do have a problem though. I get the remote to work in the browser on my htpc (where the software is installed) but it does not respond when I try it in a browser on a different unit. Tried phone, tablet and a laptop. TCP port 5000 is open both in win-defender on the htpc and I have a portforward set up in my router.

Any suggestions to what might be the problem?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice piece of software!

I do have a problem though. I get the remote to work in the browser on my htpc (where the software is installed) but it does not respond when I try it in a browser on a different unit. Tried phone, tablet and a laptop. TCP port 5000 is open both in win-defender on the htpc and I have a portforward set up in my router.

Any suggestions to what might be the problem?

Hmm that’s odd.

When you mean don’t respond you mean the remote pages do not load at all?

And you are sure you are going to the right address?

What address are you trying to open on your other devices?

Port forwarding shouldn’t have any affect as that would be for external access, but I wouldn’t recommend that because there is no authentication so anyone could start controlling your devices if you forward the port to the internet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmm that’s odd.

When you mean don’t respond you mean the remote pages do not load at all?

And you are sure you are going to the right address?

What address are you trying to open on your other devices?

Port forwarding shouldn’t have any affect as that would be for external access, but I wouldn’t recommend that because there is no authentication so anyone could start controlling your devices if you forward the port to the internet.

The remote page (only one set up at the moment) does load on all devices. But when I push a button it only sends the command when I use the browser on my htpc. When I press a remote-button in the browser on any other device, the command does not seem to go through to the htpc. On the other devices I'm using the internal ip-adress:port-number (and it loads fine).

And I removed the port forwarding rule now, Iäll probably be on my own network when I want to use the remote :)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The remote page (only one set up at the moment) does load on all devices. But when I push a button it only sends the command when I use the browser on my htpc. When I press a remote-button in the browser on any other device, the command does not seem to go through to the htpc. On the other devices I'm using the internal ip-adress:port-number (and it loads fine).

And I removed the port forwarding rule now, Iäll probably be on my own network when I want to use the remote :)

What were the devices and browsers it didn’t work on?

You said a phone, tablet, and laptop.

What browser and version on the laptop and what are the phone and tablet and OS version if you can find that out.

Is it possible on the laptop you can right click the remote page and do view page source or view source and paste that somewhere like pastebin.com

I can’t think how the remote would work on the htpc and load on another browser but the buttons not work.

Can you also copy and paste the contents of your .json file in your remote folder?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What were the devices and browsers it didn’t work on?

You said a phone, tablet, and laptop.

What browser and version on the laptop and what are the phone and tablet and OS version if you can find that out.

Is it possible on the laptop you can right click the remote page and do view page source or view source and paste that somewhere like pastebin.com

I can’t think how the remote would work on the htpc and load on another browser but the buttons not work.

Can you also copy and paste the contents of your .json file in your remote folder?

An android-phone and an android tablet (both running android 9 and using chrome-browser). On the laptop I'm using Firefox 76.0.1.

The only buttons I expect to work are the "Start Kodi" and "Close", the others are just experimental or not changed from the default.

I don't have enough posts here to post links so I'll PM you the pastebin-links.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
An android-phone and an android tablet (both running android 9 and using chrome-browser). On the laptop I'm using Firefox 76.0.1.

The only buttons I expect to work are the "Start Kodi" and "Close", the others are just experimental or not changed from the default.

Maybe you can also try enabling the show errors checkbox in the remote program main screen and try pressing the buttons on your phone or tablet and see if any error pops up on the HTPC.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

You can't post links and I don't even know if you can send PMs.

But you don't need to post the whole link :p

Just give me the pastebin ID, the letter/number combo at the end of the URL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can't post links and I don't even know if you can send PMs.

But you don't need to post the whole link :p

Just give me the pastebin ID, the letter/number combo at the end of the URL.

I just did a good old fashioned "turn it off and on again" on the htpc and it seems to work from the tablet and phone now. Not from the laptop strangely but that's a lesser problem. Sorry to bother you with my problems before trying that.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
I just did a good old fashioned "turn it off and on again" on the htpc and it seems to work from the tablet and phone now. Not from the laptop strangely but that's a lesser problem. Sorry to bother you with my problems before trying that.
I don't mind!

I feel bad you are having these problems and I just don't want people to get turned off from my program by having problems like it might be wasting their time.

I am definitely here to try to help fix :)

That's interesting that it's working now haha. It is truly stumping my brain about why the laptop still isn't working yet though.

I have a few friends who use this as well and so far I have not seen this sort of problem yet. But I am sure we can eventually figure it out if you feel the need to troubleshoot the laptop more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't mind!

I feel bad you are having these problems and I just don't want people to get turned off from my program by having problems like it might be wasting their time.

I am definitely here to try to help fix :)

That's interesting that it's working now haha. It is truly stumping my brain so far still about why the laptop still isn't working yet though.

I have a few friends who use this as well and so far I have no seen this sort of problem yet. But I am sure we can eventually figure it out if you feel the need to troubleshoot the laptop more.

I'll play around with it a bit and see if I can see what's causing the laptop-problem. And if it's something we htpc-users are used to it's putting in time to get things correct :) Keep up the good work and thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
HTPCRemote v1.1.1

New Release: v1.1.1

Just a minor bug fix release.

Notes
v1.1.1
  • Fixed crash when editing button commands when HTPCRemoteDevices.txt settings file was not created yet.

Download Release Here (v1.1.1)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
New Release: v1.2

You can now specify a media player for the File Browser feature of the app.

You can also search YouTube from your phone and easily send the videeos to your HTPC to play either in it's web browser or a specified media player as well.

Notes
v1.2
  • Added custom RemoteUI background and text color
  • Added media player selection to file browser
  • Added YouTube video launching support
  • Added YouTube searching support
  • New app icon
Download Release Here (v1.2)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
@Dominic Chan

Looking over the spec doc again:

Seems that for INML the param length should be 1 byte, so it should be "1" and "2", not "01" or "02".

So in this case it should be:

Installation Mode 1: param=1
Installation Mode 2: param=2
Installation Mode 3: param=3
Installation Mode 4: param=4
Installation Mode 5: param=5
Installation Mode 6: param=6
Installation Mode 7: param=7
Installation Mode 8: param=8
Installation Mode 9: param=9
Installation Mode 10: param=A

JVC does this “weird” thing and treats the ASCII characters as hex which is why the ASCII letter byte A would mean 10 in decimal.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts