AVS Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
@SirMaster
Thank you so much for this program. I have been able to figure most of the things out with your program in my HT (MPC and Denon), but have difficult time figuring out JVC (I have RS500). Specifically those RS232 commands. If you can give me an example command to go by (eg. API URL and command line code Custom1 gamma slot ), I'd appreciate it.

I tried on my own, but am getting "device actively refused connection" error on API URL when I use this command.
192.168.1.11:5000/?ip=192.168.1.95&devtype=JVC&cmd=PMGT&param=04

Thanks.

·
Registered
JVC NX5 at 140", Denon X4200W (5.1.2) with Axiom Audio speakers + Bass Shakers
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
@SirMaster
Thank you so much for this program. I have been able to figure most of the things out with your program in my HT (MPC and Denon), but have difficult time figuring out JVC (I have RS500). Specifically those RS232 commands. If you can give me an example command to go by (eg. API URL and command line code Custom1 gamma slot ), I'd appreciate it.

I tried on my own, but am getting "device actively refused connection" error on API URL when I use this command.
192.168.1.11:5000/?ip=192.168.1.95&devtype=JVC&cmd=PMGT&param=04

Thanks.
I blame this probably on my not super clear documentation.

In my documentation page I had a couple example RS232 commands (which I see you are using) which were built from the JVC NX spec, but the spec of other models differs slightly.

JVC NX series:

JVC RS (2015) series:

So while Custom1 gamma is "04" on the NX series, for your RS500 it's simply "4".

Please refer to this doc for any RS232 command reference for your RS500:

The device type identifiers are also currently case sensitive I'm pretty sure so change your command to "jvc" rather than "JVC".

As far as the actual error you got, are you seeing that in the web browser, or is that a popup error you see when you have "Show Errors" enabled?

I am not sure what is actively refusing the connection.

But just try:

Screenshot any errors you receive, thanks.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts