AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using an HTPro RF/IR remote? I'm a bit surprised at the feature set (universal remote with RF/IR repeater) for the price, since similar devices seem to sell for about 5 times more.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
The HTPro is the same as the One for All 9910 (both are made by Universal Electronics). Check out the One for All forum at remotecentral.com for lots of information and opinions.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I decided to give it a try. The HTPro arrived a couple days ago.

I am impressed. I don't have many remotes to compare it to, but so far it's been flawless. The RF/IR bridge works perfectly. The IR blaster can hit all of my components, which surprised me. They are stacked on shelves about four feet bottom to top, and I only have about five inches in front of them to position the blaster. It has a wrap-around lens, so I mounted it on end (with velcro) to throw the IR as high and low as possible on the stack. It even comes with an emitter on an extension cable, which I will probably run up to the pj so I don't have to point the remote at it.

It had codes built-in for two of my components, and quickly learned the keys for the rest. It supposedly has some sort of upgrade-by-phone mechanism, but since it was so easy to learn the keys I haven't felt the need to try upgrading by phone.

One of the reviews suggested these models can pick up RF interference from computers, but mine is sitting within two feet of two computers and has no interference problems. I ordered a JP1 cable with it, so hopefully I'll have task-based key layouts soon.

All for about $70 including the cable.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.