AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally setup my 5040s when they were running 4.5. At some point (don't remember if it was the initial 5.0 release or earlier), the background of the show descriptions in the Display & Guide overlays became transparent.

There was a trick where if you enabled Parental Controls, the background went back to opaque, which makes the descriptive text much easier to read. I liked it that way.

Recently, one of my 5040s came out of a reboot into Quick Setup and I had to work through that. Well, the overlay backgrounds went back to transparent. Enabling Parental Controls again changed the fullscreen Guide to opaque background, but when I use the Display button while watching a show (live or recorded) that background is still transparent.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know how to change it to opaque?

TIA,

Jim

· Registered
240 Posts
Yes, that's the way it is for me too (guide background is opaque, but translucent when using 'display'). Presumably you can still change the 'display' transparency in the 243-zones menu? (I'm not in front of my ReplayTV now to check)

· Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Here you go, I think. From the FAQ under, searched for HUD:

243-ReplayZones Entered in the setup menu - Allows you to tweak some remote settings in order to control two different Replays with one programmable remote, as well as set the HUD transparency.

· Registered
373 Posts
I don't think the FAQ is as clear as it could be on this point. What it should say is something more like this...

While on the Setup screen (Menu, Setup), key in 243+Zones with the remote. You will be doing this "blind" and will not see the normal on-screen display in the upper-right corner as you enter each digit. A new screen will be displayed that presents you with three options:

1. Remote Lockout Code [options are 100-109]

2. Remote Machine Code [options are 0-15]

3. Transparent HUD [options are Yes or No]

At the bottom of this screen, you will have two choices

1. Save these settings

2. Exit without changing anything

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah!, thanks. *Setup menu* is the key. I knew it wasn't in the regular 243-Zones screen, and I guess I spaced over it in the faq entry Lee quoted. Much appreciated!

· Registered
1,951 Posts
I still wish the whole guide would be translucent...

· Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Yeah, I had to read that several times the first time I did it. Why they used the same 'secret code' for that and the 'real' 243 is a puzzle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.