AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my TV for about a week now, and it has been working fine. It's plugged into a surge protector etc. FYI

Just today I turned it on, and I heard a "pop" sound. Now the picture is totally screwed - there barely anything on the screen, it's all green, it's a huge mess (hard to describe, but it's screwed.)

Anyone know what happened? I can still take it back to the store (BB), but they are out of stock on this unit now, which means I would have to buy a Panasonic...

Can someone help me out??

· Registered
320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybersport /forum/post/0

I've had my TV for about a week now, and it has been working fine. It's plugged into a surge protector etc. FYI

Just today I turned it on, and I heard a "pop" sound. Now the picture is totally screwed - there barely anything on the screen, it's all green, it's a huge mess (hard to describe, but it's screwed.)

Anyone know what happened? I can still take it back to the store (BB), but they are out of stock on this unit now, which means I would have to buy a Panasonic...

Can someone help me out??

BB can order another 5071 for you from their warehouse or get one sent to your store from another store. If it was me, I'd rather try getting another one before dealing with servicing a faulty one.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Canada - and there aren't any 5070's left in stock anywhere.

You could be right, it could be a minor issue - so does anyone know how the warranty works? I'm hoping Pioneer would come to my house, but who knows??

· Registered
1,857 Posts
Call BB or Pio and they should give you info on the warranty.

· Premium Member
18,330 Posts

Quote:

Thanks - and sorry about the thread, but my heart sank when I woke up and turned on the TV...

Don't apologize for posting a thread - you're a member here and are more than welcome to post your own thread asking for help with your specific problem. There would be no sense in posting in the big Pioneer thread as your post would be buried within hundreds of others and would have gone pretty much unnoticed by the more helpful members here.

You did the right thing by posting your own HELP thread as you have a specific issue that needs to be resolved, and i hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction.

I find it odd that there are a lot more individual Panasonic threads started on this forum, but dtrell only has tantrums about the Pioneer threads.

· Super Moderator
22,004 Posts

Quote:

Thanks - and sorry about the thread, but my heart sank when I woke up and turned on the TV...

no problem: that is what AVS is for

Let us know how you make out

(posts deleted)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.