AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problem with frequent droupouts using this box (the E86)? Every ATSC source I watch I get intermitent video dropouts and/or weird blockiness/pixelation. HBO seems to be worse than HDnet. OTA stuff can be horrible at times (and close to perfect at others). I don't think its the signal, since I have a signal strength of 75-85 on the 119 and I'm getting the OTA stuff from my cable co...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone else notice any weird artifacts when watching non ATSC (ie regular cable or DirecTV) channels in 1080i? I'm not sure exactly how to describe it... its kind of like ghosting or rainbows. I only notice it when a large red or blue area moves across the screen.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Hughes E86. My box has worked great. The only problem I have had is that, periodically my remote and the responce to it, are very slow. Most of the time even the remote works good.

Regards.....

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ted,

My Hughes E86 is working just fine on HDNet... 1080i but other than that I use it in 480i mode. I find the picture quality too soft when up-converted to 1080i, not bad just soft!

So I just keep the Component Video and S-Video connected and just switch modes using remote. My Pioneer SD533HD5 RPTV switches modes automatically.

As for OTA digital (antenna) well there is not much near me, one channel 480i (4:3) STD and the other is 720p (4:3) HDTV. As the Hughes only outputs HDTV in 1080i it all gets converted again ugh...

Also a few analog 480i stations but here the audio gets garbled once in awhile reason unknown?

The problems I have seen with OTA I thought were more the source related rather than the Hughes...

Later....

Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.